I am a recently retired English professor with a PhD in literature, a specialty in the teaching of writing, and more than thirty years of experience teaching and tutoring in universities, small colleges, and literacy centers. Over the years, I have mentored thousands of undergraduate and graduate students—both domestic and international—as well as professionals in business, science, and the creative arts. I love my work as a freelance writer, editor, and writing coach and look forward to many years of active involvement with people like you who are using writing to grow a business, complete a degree, and tell your stories.
I am also a writer who has published several academic papers. Now that I am retired, I am working on a novel, and I use poetry and daily journaling to explore the complexities of love, family, history, and culture.
Chris Abbott’s Credentials
• Bachelor of Arts in American Literature
• Master of Arts in Literature
• PhD in English, with a focus on the teaching of writing
• International Design Certification in Permaculture
• Certification in Social Permaculture
• Second Degree Reiki Certification